After You by Jojo Moyes

Title: After You, Author: Jojo MoyesAfter You. Finished 12-13-16, 4.75/5 stars, fiction, pub. 2015

Unabridged audio read by Anna Acton. 11 hours.

Sequel to Me Before You

How do you move on after losing the person you loved? How do you build a life worth living?

Louisa Clark is no longer just an ordinary girl living an ordinary life. After the transformative six months spent with Will Traynor, she is struggling without him. When an extraordinary accident forces Lou to return home to her family, she can’t help but feel she’s right back where she started.

For Lou Clark, life after Will Traynor means learning to fall in love again, with all the risks that brings. But here Jojo Moyes gives us two families, as real as our own, whose joys and sorrows will touch you deeply, and where both changes and surprises await.   from Goodreads

I knew when this came out that readers were disappointed, so I waited.  I didn’t want to be disappointed but I wasn’t sure how that would work since half of the reason I loved Me Before You was gone.  Gone but not forgotten as it seems since Louisa had moved away but not moved on.  But the truth is that I loved this one too.  In a different way, sure, but Louisa was there trying to find her way and I was rooting for her.

Louisa is in London but still mourning Will.  She is trying to move on, but seems stuck.  When a relative of Will’s shows up Lou is thrown for a loop and given a purpose, a way to honor Will and she jumps in with both feet.  All is not smooth sailing (where’s the story in that?!), but she joins a support group, moves in with her quirky family for a bit, meets a cute guy and things move forward.

I love Louisa and was happy for her. I might even have a bit of a crush on her cute guy, Sam.

December 20, 2016 - Posted by | 5 Star Books

1. Yay, I’m glad to see this was worth reading!

Comment by BermudaOnion | December 20, 2016 | Reply

• Definitely. It will probably end up on my faves list next week.

Comment by stacybuckeye | December 23, 2016 | Reply

2. I totally agree. I gave Me Before You a 4/4 and After You a 3.75/4.

Lloyd (408) 348-4849

Comment by Lloyd Russell | December 20, 2016 | Reply

3. Yes, I enjoyed this very much! I listened to the audio last winter while on vacation and was so glad I’d chosen to listen. Moyes did not disappoint me at all.

Comment by Mary | December 20, 2016 | Reply

• I loved the audio! I listened to the first too..

Comment by stacybuckeye | December 23, 2016 | Reply

4. I really liked this; I just didn’t like it AS MUCH as the first, which isn’t to say anything bad about it at all! :–)

Comment by rhapsodyinbooks | December 20, 2016 | Reply

• I’m glad to see my friends liked it too 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | December 23, 2016 | Reply

5. Just wanted to wish you and yours a Happy Holiday season!

Comment by Diane | December 25, 2016 | Reply

6. […] Frome – Edith Wharton & After You – Jojo […]

Pingback by End of the Year Survey « Stacy's Books | December 27, 2016 | Reply

7. […] After You by Jojo Moyes.  A worthy sequel to Me Before You, a favorite read from last year. […]

Pingback by 2016 Book Favorites and Stats « Stacy's Books | December 29, 2016 | Reply