Filmish Friday- Austen films

I love the romance and time period of Jane Austen’s novels.  I have 2 left to read (Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park) and am looking forward to finding time for both.  I think Austen has translated extremely well to screen and have enjoyed all of movies I’ve seen, even some of the ‘Austen-inspired’.

I’m curious to see what your favorite is, so I’ve created a little poll and we’ll see if we have a clear winner.  We can always run a tie-breaker if we need to.  If your favorite isn’t included, leave me a comment and I’ll add it.  I didn’t include any mini-series, sorry BBC.

March 14, 2014 - Posted by | movies

1. I voted but I think my votes are a little unfair since I’ve only seen one movie in each group.

Comment by BermudaOnion | March 14, 2014 | Reply

• It’s ok, as long as they were good ones 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 19, 2014 | Reply

2. BBC’s P&P is probably my real fave, though.

Comment by Word Lily | March 14, 2014 | Reply

• Yeah, mine too. Especially my favorite Mr. Darcy 🙂

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 19, 2014 | Reply

• Exactly. 🙂

Comment by Word Lily | March 19, 2014

3. I also think Austen translates to film very well. My favorite Austen inspired movie is “Austenland” an independent film distributed by Sony. It is very funny.

Comment by theriverdaughterkj | March 14, 2014 | Reply

• I haven’t see that one. I’ll have to find it!

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 19, 2014 | Reply

4. Fun polls! I just love Jane Austen and anything Austen related catches my interest. Becoming Jane stole my heart when I saw it.

Comment by bookworm | March 16, 2014 | Reply

• Me too. It was such a sweet movie.

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 19, 2014 | Reply

5. Clueless is my all-time favorite austen-inspired movie!

Comment by Heather | March 16, 2014 | Reply

6. I sort of remember seeing back in the day, but don’t remember much. Have you read Emma?

Comment by stacybuckeye | March 19, 2014 | Reply