Seeing Beth Hoffman, best author hugger ever.

I had the pleasure of spending some time on Saturday afternoon with the beautiful bestselling author Beth Hoffman.  I met Beth when she came through northeast Ohio (her old stomping grounds) on the Saving  Cee Cee Honeycutt tour a few years ago and was charmed by her warmth and spirit.  On Saturday she was just as inspiring.  Beth told the story of how very close to dying she came and how she knew that something had to change.  Cee Cee was born.  Like most who read it, I loved Cee Cee and Beth became a bestselling author.  Her latest book, Looking for Me, was a much more personal one for her.  She considers Cee Cee her heart, but Teddi’s story her legacy.  I think part of her legacy may also be how genuinely appreciative she is of her readers, and how great her hugs are 🙂  So if you ever get the chance to hear her speak, do it!!

IMG_1710

IMG_1711(Once again I apologize about the quality of the photo.  It seems I can only edit photos on this new computer some of the time.  The other 90% of the time it ignores my requests.  Have I mentioned lately how much I dislike pretty much everything about our new computer?  I’ll come back and fix when it lets me.)

I was also able to meet Bonnie from Redlady’s Reading Room (we were the first ones there) and we were able to catch up after the signing.  Considering that we live about 20 minutes apart we don’t see enough of each other.  I didn’t get a picture of the three of us like I did at the last book signing, but you can hop over to Bonnie’s to see her picture with Beth.

I did get an extra copy of Looking for Me signed by Beth and will be giving it away at a later date.

19 thoughts on “Seeing Beth Hoffman, best author hugger ever.

1. Lloyd Russell says:

I am definitely going to see her at one of two Northern California stops later this week. I don’t imagine that I will do any hugging but will still be happy to shake her hand and tell her about all of the bloggers that convinced me to read her books.

2. Beth Hoffman says:

It was so great to see (and hug) you again. Thank you for taking time away from your family to come and hear me speak. Seeing both you and Bonnie walk into the library was wonderful and really made my day!

3. Mary says:

After reading Looking For Me I think Beth IS Teddi. When I finished reading the book I tweeted that Teddi is my favorite fictional character this year. I loved her. So nice you and Bonnie got to see Beth!

4. Gage's grandma says:

Sounds like you had a good time. I look forward to reading the book. I am a Beth Hoffman fan too; thanks to your posts!

5. Leslie says:

Lucky you getting to meet Beth!

(Would you be struggling with Win8 by any chance? My new laptop has it (my old desktop has XP) and I am not impressed, although I do like the laptop itself.)

6. Lloyd Russell says:

Well, I did see her last night. In fact, I was right across from her. I didn’t go in for hug when I had my book signed, but I saw her hug others. They did look like pretty darn good hugs.

• Lloyd Russell says:

Yes you do. I’m 120 pages into CeeCee, and it is totally terrific. I’m going to order Looking for Me and get it up near the top of the TBR queue. Plus, Beth, you were right. She is such a nice, warm person.

7. redladysreadingroom says:

It was great to see Beth again with you Stacy! I loved Looking For Me, and can’t wait for Beth’s next book! We definitely need to get together more often.

8. Wrighty says:

How fun!! I loved the first book but haven’t read the newest one yet. I’m always happy to hear that an author is as nice as I imagine them to be!

I have a very easy program that I use to edit my photos and it was a free download. I read about Picasa a few years ago on someone’s blog and since then I’ve used it for all my many, many photos. I don’t know if that’s any help but just wanted to mention it. 🙂

9. Teddyree says:

Love the pic, how lucky are you getting to catch up again with the lovely Beth again, (I’m just a little green lol) Just bought my copy of Looking For Me and can’t wait to get stuck in 🙂