I hope that you’ll try your hand at my (mostly) bookish quizzes every week, but it’s okay if you just want to play when the quiz interests you. If you play you are eligible for a prize at the end of the round (sometime in June). For all of the details, click here. Submit your answers in the comment section – I will stop by and hide them throughout the week but try not to copy off anyone else You have til Sunday to guess.
Identify these famous writers by the inscription on their tomb.
Your choices-Oscar Wilde, Edgar Allan Poe, Robert Frost, JRR Tolkien, Jack London, F Scott Fitzgerald, Kurt Vonnegut, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, HG Wells, Emily Dickinson
1. “I told you so, you damned fools.” HG Wells
2. “Beren” JRR Tolkien
3. “The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music.” Kurt Vonnegut
oops! I forgot #4! and it was the one everyone would have known 🙂
5. “I had a lover’s quarrel with the world.” Robert Frost
6. “Called Back” Emily Dickinson
7. “The Stone the Builders Rejected” Jack London
8. “Steel True, Blade Straight” Sir Arthur Conana Doyle
9. “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.” F Scott Fitzgerald
10. “And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long, unbroken urn. For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn.” Oscar Wilde