I’m guessing I’m not the only one looking out my window at a yard full of snow. In spring. (sigh) It’s Spring Break time around here and most of the kids I know head south and don’t stop till they hit a beach in Florida. So, let’s head to Florida.
I hope that you’ll try your hand at my (mostly) bookish quizzes every week, but it’s okay if you just want to play when the quiz interests you. If you play you are eligible for a prize at the end of the round (sometime in June). For all of the details, click here. Submit your answers in the comment section – I will stop by and hide them throughout the week but try not to copy off anyone else You have til Sunday to guess.
1. Before Scout Finch there was Jody Baxter, the ten year-old hero of The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings.
2. Duma Key by Stephen King
3. ZNH’s eyes were watching from Florida. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
4. What J MacD series is set in the Sunshine State? Travis McGee
5. Demi Moore showed off her implants on the big screen in this tease of a movie based on Elmore’s novel. Striptease
6. Which one of Grafton’s alphabet series was is set in Florida? B is for Burglar
7. This tragic novel of two desperate souls looking for a better life in Florida was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in 1986. Continental Drift by Russell Banks
8. This colorful Oprah’s Book Club pick from Quindlen way back when takes place in Florida. Black & Blue
9. In Florida this home is a tourist attraction. Who lived here? Ernest Hemingway
10. Can you recognize this Florida son by his signature? Carl Hiaasen