In honor of Women’s History Month this quiz is all about the heroines we find in classic literature. All you need to do is unscramble their names. To help you out I’ve even included the scrambled title of the book, if different from the name, but that’s not part of the answer.
I hope that you’ll try your hand at my (mostly) bookish quizzes every week, but it’s okay if you just want to play when the quiz interests you. If you play you are eligible for a prize at the end of the round (sometime in June). For all of the details, click here. Submit your answers in the comment section – I will stop by and hide them throughout the week but try not to copy off anyone else You have til Sunday to guess.
1. EJNA EERY Jane Eyre
2. OHSJEEPNI HCRAM (ILLETT MWENO) Josephine March (Little Women)
3. NNAA ENNAKIAR Anna Karenina
4. HTZBLEIAE TETENBN (DEPRI NDA RDPEUCEJI) Elizabeth Bennett (Pride and Prejudice)
5. NNEA HIRSYEL (ENNA FO ENGRE ABLGES) Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables)
6. LETRCTAS H’RAOA (NOEG TIHW ETH NDIW) Scarlett O’Hara (Gone with the Wind)
7. GRTEMARA HEAL (THRON NAD UOSTH) Margaret Hale (North and South)
8. LMOL ALFSREDN Moll Flanders
9. ETSERH NNEYRP (ETH TLSCARE TERLET) Hester Prynne (The Scarlet Letter)
10. TUOSC NFICH (OT LIKL A KCIMOGNDRBI) Scout Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird)