Lots of authors use a pen name or pseudonym. Do you think you would recognize famous authors by their real names?
Here’s how to play…Identify the famous authors by their real names. Leave a comment with the # and the pen name for the author and I’ll cross it off the list. No Googling, that’s cheating and no fun! If you know them all, please don’t guess every one, maybe five max?
Example- A. Samuel Clemens Answer-His pen name was Mark Twain
1. Charles Lutwig Dodgson Lewis Carroll, thanks to the adventurous Jason
2. William Sidney Porter (Gifts are sometimes hard to choose) O. Henry
3. Evan Hunter (The 87th Precinct is the place to be) Ed McBain, no mystery to donstuff
4. Eric Arthur Blair George Orwell, big brother would be proud of Donstuff
5. Mary Westmacott (I goofed up on this one. This is actually her pen name when this best selling mystery writer wrote romances.) Agatha Christie, no mystery to Elena Margo
6. Howard Allen O’Brien (My name seems masculine, but by vampires seem feminine) Anne Rice, thanks to Jason for not leaving bite marks
7. Alisa Rosenbaum (She shrugged her way into a movement) Ayn Rand, Roarke sends his congrats to bermudaonion
8. Mary Anne Evans George Eliot, hats off to bermudaonion
9. James Oliver Rigney Jr. (The wheels continue after all this time) Robert Jordan